Halloween Happenings 2020
Oct 13, 2020 03:56PM
By Lissa Carlson
Our recommended activities for a “spooktacular” (and safe) Halloween season in the Coulee Region!
Pettibone Haunted Mile
Saturday, Oct. 24
Pettibone Park, 700 N. Pettibone Dr., 789-7533
5-7 p.m. light scare; 7-9 p.m. heavy scare
• Drive-thru event only. Rain date: Sat., Oct. 31
Coulee Loot Club Halloween Kit
Get clues to a hidden treasure right here in the Coulee Region, plus a whole lot of fun Halloween booty! A great lesson in local history, this fun family activity supports local, plus you can tailor it to do at your own pace and on your own time based on your availability.
Ghoulees in the Coulees
Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center, N455 O Ophus Rd.
Coon Valley, 452-3424
• Family Trick-or-Treat, Thursday, Oct. 29
The spooks are a bit less frightening on Family Friendly night – a good thing for those with little ones. Please bring a trick-or-treat bag.
• Drive-Through Ghoulees in the Coulees, Friday & Saturday, Oct. 30-31
Drive times from 6-9 p.m.You won’t want to miss this never-before-seen event, the first-ever drive-through Ghoulees in the Coulees!
Freewill donation or non-perishable food item. NO reservations required.
We also recommend the following moderate-risk activities:
Friday, Oct. 16 (tickets sell until 8 p.m.)
Hidden Trails Corn Maze, W4704 Highway 16, West Salem, 786-2489
• Bring a flashlight and complete the maze in the dark. Maze is not haunted. Corn maze only, $8; Play Yard, $5; Combo, $11.
Saturday, Oct. 24, 5:30-9 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 31, 1-4:30 p.m.
Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center, 28097 Goodview Dr.
Lanesboro, Minn., 507-467-2437
5-9 p.m., $40
• Traverse your way through wooden and wire elements 30 feet in the air and end with a zip line and a bag of Halloween candy. Warm up by the fire with hot chocolate and s’mores. Costumes are encouraged. Kids aged 6-10 must have an adult accompany them up on the ropes course. Accompanying adults are required to purchase a ticket. Participants are allowed to go through the course twice if they’d like. More information about the event, including our COVID-19 protocols, can be found on the website.
Event details can change, and may require registration. Be sure to verify information using the phone numbers and websites we’ve provided for you here.